Southeast operations and vision
The affairs of the southeast region are managed and directed by the Board of Directors, composed of ten officers. The legislative body of the southeast is composed of Medical Student Representatives (MSRs). Each school within the region has two MSRs that represent them at regional and national affairs. The Advisory Board provides support to the Board of Directors.
Southeast Region Officers
• Preside over all executive board and general assembly meetings (which include members of both the Executive and Committee Boards).
• Serve as a liaison between LMSA-SE and other organizations in the Southeast.
• Provide guidance and fosters teamwork.
• Develop the agenda for and holds regular LMSA-SE teleconferences.
• Send notice to members about upcoming events and meetings at least one week in advance, upon clearance by Co-President.
• Participate in scheduled teleconferences with LMSA-National and shall hold voting authority for LMSA-SE.
Chief Financial Officer
• Keeps a full and accurate record of all funds and financial transactions. All expenditures shall require the approval of at least one president.
• Maintains the LMSA-SE Region bank account.
• Works along with the VP of Fundraising to ensure that donations are properly deposited into the LMSA-SE bank account.
• Makes a complete report at each Executive Board and General Assembly meeting.
Chief Information Officer
• Records minutes of all Executive Board and General Assembly meetings. Minutes shall be made available to officers and/or members within one week’s time.
• Logs attendance at LMSA-SE events and meetings.
• Maintains records of reports. All records shall be available at any time for inspection by members.
VP of Membership
• Keeps an updated LMSA-SE roster.
• Solicits updated LMSA- SE chapter contracts annually.
• Sends monthly membership updates and when applicable, posts pictures of events that chronicle LMSA-SE events throughout the academic year.
• Puts together a photo slideshow for the annual LMSA-SE conference.
VP of Scholarship
• Obtains financial support from community organizations, governmental agencies, universities, local business, etc to set-up a scholarship fund.
• Works along with the Chief Financial Officer to ensure that donations are properly deposited into the LMSA-SE bank account.
VP of Mentorship
• Recruits mentors to provide support and/or shadowing experiences for interested medical and pre-medical students.
• Serves as the liaison between mentors and menthes.
VP of Fundraising
• Coordinates fundraising events.
• Fundraises and obtains financial support from community organizations, governmental agencies, universities, local business, etc.
Regional Conference Chair (2)*
• Organizes and coordinates logistics of annual LMSA-SE conference. Refer to Conference planning manual.
• Recruits speakers and develop workshops for the annual LMSA-SE conference.
• Maintains and updates the LMSA-SE website.
• Sets up the LMSA-SE regional conference registration website.
Undergraduate Student Representative
• Serves as the liaison between LMSA-SE and the Latino pre-medical student organizations in the Southeast region.
• Promotes LMSA-SE events/membership to the Latino pre-medical student organizations in the SE region.
• Recruits pre-medical students to the LMSA-SE mentor network.
icon-anchor Regional Conference Chair: This position works directly with the Board of Directors and spearheads the Southeast Conference Committee. The Annual regional conference is the culmination of the year’s work and provides a moment to reflect upon our current goals and future endeavors.